There’s a lot of [positive] change going on in my life right now. In order to help my scattered brain, every day involves what feels like a never-ending to do list. But in the calm moments between all the craziness, I’ve been extra grateful towards everything that has led me to where I am right now. And part of that gratitude is towards this blog. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been writing on here for over two years now, and that a group of people I’ve never met care about what I have to say. Thank you for being here! But consistent with these moments of reflection and gratitude, I wanted round up of some of my most popular posts (according to YOU, my followers!) and current favorites/recommendations.
What am I reading:
I don’t know how this happened, but I changed from a “1 book at a time person” to reading multiple at the same time. I’m not done reading these two books yet, but so far they are very informative.
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker, PhD
- Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alex Hutchinson
What I’m listening to:
- Hurdle. This is my favorite wellness-related podcast. The host, Emily Abbate, talks a lot about all things running, fueling your body, and interviews some really fascinating people in the wellness world.
- Definitely not yoga or wellness related, but as a health care provider I was super intrigued by Dr. Death. If you’re looking for a non-wellness related podcast this one is a good one!
What class I’m taking:
- The Science of Well-Being. This is a course taught by Yale University but is offered for free on Coursera. The course is taught by Laurie Santos who is not only incredibly knowledgable, but also very engaging. Such a worthwhile class!
What I’m drinking:
- Coffee. Coffee. And more coffee.
- Super Greens. I wanted to fuel my body a bit more to help with how much I’ve been exercising lately. The taste definitely isn’t something I’d consider “good” or that I want to drink all day, but I’ve gotten more used to it the last couple of weeks.
What I’m wearing:
- Goodr sunglasses. I’ve never been able to tolerate having sunglasses on my face when I’m exercising outside. If they slide down and/or bounce it drives me crazy. These sunglasses (I wear the OG’s) are comfortable, don’t bounce/slide, and the price is right!
- Saucony Kinvara. I’ve been running in Kinvaras for awhile now (and even wear a pair in the clinic some days), so it was time for a new pair. I was disappointed that I couldn’t find hot pink colored Kinvaras like my current pair, but I settled on “cherry” colored. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived with hot pink laces! It was meant to be 🙂